Instant Pot pressure cooker promises to help you cook healthy foods fast. It has the speed of an electric pressure cooker and offers a variety of functions that enable you to free yourself to do other things. It may not help you make your food to taste better, but it’s faster than when you cook your food on a stovetop.
What are its features?
Instant Pot cooker is a programmable, electric pressure cooker equipped with extra functions, which you can’t find in a regular stove-top pressure cooker.
In this list, you’ll find essential features of Instant Pot Cooker:
• Does the job of many kitchen gadgets, like yogurt maker, steamer, pressure cooker and rice cooker, among others.
• Easy to use with one touch controls.
• Remembers how you cook.
Here are some of the benefits of owning an Instant Pot Cooker:
• Stainless Interior. The exterior part is made of plastic and other materials. But the interior part, which touches the food, is fully made of stainless steel interior.
• Multiple uses. It can replace your rice cooker, steamer, slow cooker, and saute pan. If either your oven or stove breaks down, you can easily replace it with Instant Pot. You can even replace your crockpot as Instant Pot works quickly and offers better results.
• Great for small kitchen space. It can replace several kitchen appliances, thereby, useful if you have a small kitchen.
• Saves time. It’s one of the main benefits that you will immediately notice. If you need to roast a chicken, for example, you can do it in around 40 minutes, instead of eight hours.
• Good price. It may cost more than when you purchase a single-use kitchen appliance. However, it is still cost-effective because it can replace more gadgets.
• Programmable. Apart from cooking quickly, you can program it to run up to 24 hours in advance.
• Efficient. It uses electricity as a heat source so you’ll no longer need a separate electric stove making it more energy efficient.
• Easy to clean. You can quickly clean it by hand because it’s made of stainless steel.
Are there cons?
• There’s a learning curve. You’ll have to read the manual before using it the first time, and you may not get the instructions the first couple of times. Then again, it’s still easy to learn.
What Instant Pot cooker is right for you?
• Lux Series. It’s a 6-in-1 multi-cooker that can slow cook, saute, steam, cook rice, keep warm and pressure cook. But this series can’t make yogurt. It’s also non-programmable. Here’s my detailed review of it.
• Duo Series. This one is a 7-in-1 unit. Unlike the Lux series, Duo series can make yogurt. Plus, it comes with high and low-pressure settings.
• Duo Plus. A newer version of Instant Duo Series. Duo Plus can sterilize, and it comes with egg and cake programs, allowing it to be called a 9-in-1- cooker.
• Ultra. It has a spin dial and various customization features. That is, you can opt for any cooking time and temperature. It’s a 10-in-1 multi cooker that has a steam program without pressure.
• Smart. It can perform tasks that Lux and DUO series can do, plus more.